Thursday, June 26, 2008

it's sinking in...

reality that is... it's sinking in.

So, I went to visit somebody in the hospital this evening.  It wasn't a traumatic experience or anything.  We were just checking in with my friends' mom after some surgery.  When we were sitting there talking she said, with a smile on her face, that she woke up from her surgery and looked over at her husband and said, "I made it out alive!"  

Wow, I thought.  I should be thinking that too... every day.  With all the unhealthy decisions I make in a day or lack of exercise, I should be glad I make it out alive.   Don't get me wrong... I'm not some sickening unhealthy type.  I do make a lot of smart choices in a day.  But, I make my share of stupid ones too.   ehem, a Taco Bell dinner at 10:30 pm today for example.  ;)

So, I got to thinking about it...

Here I am at the "young" age of 25 and I know all of the things that I need to do to be a healthy young woman.  I have more than enough knowledge to be get to a healthy weight and be physically active.  I have to start utilizing that knowledge and seriously changing myself.  I know that some day I will be the one in a hospital bed.  And I have to know that I tried my hardest to keep the body I've been given in the best shape possible.  

cheers to getting it right!
cheers to twenty five years!

No comments: