Sunday, October 12, 2008

FORRRRRE!!!

"Oh crap, there is a random golf ball flying in the neighborhood!"  ~that is what some people were thinking yesterday as I played my first golf game in an apartment complex golf course yesterday!!  LOL

It was awesome!  I called up the boy toy to see if he wanted to go hiking.  Well, he wasn't up for much of a hike.  But, he said he could handle a game of golf.  So, I agreed to give it a shot... no pun intended.  I grabbed my only striped polo and my khakis and headed out the door.  Oh yeah, and I changed into argyle panties for good luck.... seriously!  


I guess that worked, because I seriously held my own.  We "scrambled"... meaning we took the best shot of the two of us and played from that point.  I kept us together at the beginning of the game and he kept up going through the end.  He even got a birdie on the 9th hole... B-E-A-UTIFUL shot!  

Oh, and I should probably mention that we lost about 8 or 10 balls, I think.  Some of them flew off to a new home in a near-by neighborhood.  (no worries, I didn't hear any shattering glass) Some of them are swimming in the depths of those damn ponds they place in the middle of the course.


I also learned how to repair my divots!  (see divot above)  And, why am I so excited about this, you might wonder?  Well, in order to create a divot, that means I actually hit the ball ON THE GREEN!  WOO HOO!  I tell ya, I left that place feeling like a bad ace.  And, its not every day I end a walk feeling that good... So, I'm super pumped that my walk "went green" yesterday!


Cheers to new adventures!
Cheers to golf!
Cheers to twenty five years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love new readers!

I too am a "golfer" and I use the term loosely. Sounds like you and the boy toy had a fun game.

Being outside is the best!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I can't play golf to save my life!

I put a picture of Porter up!