Saturday, October 11, 2008

Workin' my butt off...

Well, it's about time I got my butt into gear.  After my last post, I KNOW for a FACT that I didn't get my act together like I said I would.  BUT, somewhere in the last couple of months, I have.  There wasn't any pressure, no "tomorrow I'm going to get up and not make any mistakes" type promises... it just started to fall into place... let me fill you in...

First, I asked one of my friends if she could be my personal trainer.  (she just got certified).  I thought what a perfect solution... you need the practice and I need the help.  It turned out to be GREAT help.  She got me out of the house and working out more than I had all year.  However, our schedules were very hard to get together sometimes and I realized with all my student loans coming due, I probably wouldn't be able to afford the extra bill.  SO, I told her thanks, but I have to go it alone.  :)  Since then I have been doing a great job of getting in my cardio.  The only thing I MUST get into is weights.  So, today that will begin... (ehem, it really will).

In the mean time, during all this "I'm freakin' exercising again" time, I read the book, Skinny Bitch.  That book seriously changed my view on a lot of the crap I was eating!  I have since decided to try being a vegetarian for 30 days.  I started that on September 15th... and I'm still going.  oh, minus that bad dream that I had where I accidently had a pulled pork sandwich...  haha, but that doesn't count.  I woke up really freaked out though!!

Now, let me say the most exciting news of all...  well, there have been some GREAT results to this natural steady improvement in my health.  I have (as of today) lost 12 pounds!  I can't believe it... I'm finally doing it!!!  I literally step off the scale in amazement sometimes.  

Now, yesterday I did a silly thing... like all of us do from time to time.  I made chocolate chip cookies instead of working out.  BUT, I ate three cookies and then bagged the rest up and gave them to my boy toy.  They are now out of my house and they won't mess me up today.  :)

Speaking of today, I gotta get to it.  
I'm going to try a new workout!

I'm going to do it!!!  I'm going to get my health in check before I'm 26!!!  I can feel it.  Even though I had a slow and unproductive start... something has hit me, and I like how it feels.  LOL

CHEERS TO TWENTY FIVE YEARS!!!

No comments: